Monday 19 July 2010

Arts Award - Part D


Right, this is long over due. Here is the plan...
Anyone who is accustomed to facebook will know of the millions of groups that circulate, each dedicated to a habit which most people have, such as pretending to text people in 'awkward situations'. My project for Part D is about focusing on some of these groups printed onto card and then photographing them in different (but appropriate) places around town. In doing this, I will be developing my photography skills and also learning how to use text in art, which covers my criteria for Part A :) Two birds with one stone and all that :)

Doing it: I got the rest of my group to help me choose some commonly liked Facebook groups that would work printed on cards then ‘left’ around town. The actual work is the photos I took. I also got the rest of the group to help me make decisions on how and where to take the phones. I did two lots of location shots to get enough photos to choose from. And I didn’t get to use all the titles that I printed as it was actually a lot of work and experimentation. I did take loads, just to get a good shot, but apparently that’s normal for a photographer to do! Check out part A for more information.

Really pleased with my final work and happy that I got to include everyone in my group! Go Fogg. And here’s the final gallery! http://www.flickr.com/photos/site-education/sets/72157624929516229/show/

No comments:

Post a Comment