Tuesday 20 July 2010

Arts Award - Part A


For my Arts Award Part A, I decided to see whether I could develop my knowledge of photography. I decided to do this while doing my major project (Part D). During the two week of my work experience I used a camera a lot. Both a small ‘point and shoot’ and a smart SLR (the sort that has lots of controls and you can change the lens). The main things I learnt were related to composition and focus.

My self-led art project was great for learning and putting it into practice because it involved very staged (meaning set up) close-up photos. I had to make sure certain areas were in focus and I had to think of things like the rule of thirds (where objects sit in the frame) to get the most from how an audience will view the photo as well as get a message across. It was a tall order and I’ll be honest I took 100s of photos! But Vicky said that was normal and the more I took the more I learned. I also had to think about how to get my ideas across through photography which is not always easy but I think I've done a good job.

I feel confident now with using a big camera. And even photographing unusual things and people I don’t know. You’ll see that form the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment