Thursday 15 July 2010

Day Four

Thursday was just one of those days where I just knew things weren't destined to go my way. Alarm-clock app didn't work (again. Why am I still trusting it?), leaving me feeling rather disorientated when I woke up not having a clue what time it was.

I got to work early and not really knowing how. After that the morning seemed to pass in a flash, updating my blog, doing more research for Part D, and beginning to upload our footage from Tuesday into iMovie (a four hour process I tell ya!). There was also a random moment of big screen YouTubeing, where we watched the delights of 'Extreme LED sheep', 'Starwars Kid' and 'Flying Lawnmower'. THIS is the reason YouTube is great!

With iMovie slowly chugging away, I went for dinner. Which is where things started to go wrong. I went to see Graves Gallery to see whether their exhibition would be suitable for my Arts Award Part B after spending well over half an hour wandering round the rest of the gallery, I came to the exhibit only to find it closed. After an inquiry, I found out that they were bringing an new exhibit in, and so had closed the one I wanted to review. Damn. With the next exhibit not opening till the day the work experience finished, I was kinda stuck. Getting my phone out to make a note of the new exhibits name, I noticed the time. And I've done it again. Five minuets to run half way across town, get dinner, eat it, then all the way back to Site. This was going to be fun.

Ten minuets later I was sat back in front of my iLaptop eating my mexican chicken sandwich, editing in iMovie, and making a mess (worst choice of sandwich to eat in front of people). Eating finished, I got stuck in with the movie making. Or rather, I would have got stuck into the movie making if my iMovie wasn't set up differently to everyone else's. Simple software? HA! It was only after having watched nearly twenty minuets of tutorials that I could even begin to put it together into something that even slightly resembled a film. Window Movie maker might not be state of the art, but it is SO much simpler!

After this, Ben gave us a little insight into what he does in his work, which in my opinion was some of the most interesting work we've seen all week! I loved the idea of bringing the outdoors indoors through technology. Would have loved to see that in action. Ben also helped us record some weird youtube multi-screen video, which involved recording many different snippets of sounds. I started on my clarinet, and was fairly pleased with what I did, although I still went a bit croaky at the high note (I swear, its not my fault!). After this we had a whole range of quircky sounds, coming from all sorts of places. Can't wait to see how it will sound! But, then, Bethany got out her violin. And I swear, it was the most beautiful sound I've ever heard. I've never even seen a violin before, let alone hear one in person. It was a truly amazing noise, an awesome experience.

After another talk with Vicky about my Part D, and a little more research it was time for home. I know now what the phrase 'Bringing home the office' means. Vicky, has given me 74 sheets of facebook groups, from top to bottom. After finally bringing my blog up to date (finally!), and skim reading some of the sheets, already most of my evening was gone. But that didn't matter. Caus' McFly was playing in the background, and I felt on top of the world!

Then a friend came on MSN, and after just ten minuets of talking about life, girlfriends, and school I'd gone from top of the world to the shadow of depression street. Now I don't mind listening to friends problems, but just that little chat changed the whole mood of the day for me, and its only when looking back now at what I actually did that I realise how good a day it really was.

Sometimes you really need to step back to appreciate how great something really is.
Night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment