Wednesday 14 July 2010

Arts Award Introduction

This is a post about the arts award explaining what the requirements are for each section of the award making understanding of what I'm waffling on about later much clearer.

PART A - Taking part in a arts activity

For this part I have to choose a arts or media activity which I enjoy and then improve my skills at doing that activity. For this I've choose creative writing and (maybe) photography, which I will hopefully combine to make my final project in Part D



PART B - Going to arts events

For this I have to record a visit to an arts event, and then write about it and share my experience with other which I will do on this blog :) My visit was going to be to the Graves Gallery in the Central Library, an exhibit featuring many photos of artists, but I found out today when I visited that is closed to make way for a new exhibit which will open the 21st, the day before my work here is done. Because of this, new plans need to be made for my Part B.


PART C - Arts heroes and heroines

For this section we have to research an artist, and the story of their career. And you can't get better research than a 1-2-1 interview! Some time next week I'll be interviewing an artist who actually work very near to the gallery, and who I've being told is a very interesting person to talk to. The whole interview will be posted here for yours truly to read :D


PART D - Arts apprenticeship

For the final part, I have to share my arts skills and knowledge with others. For this, Vicky has organised a Master Project scheme, with each of us devising a idea that not only gets the whole group of us involved, but also gets the general public involved. So far all I have is a weird mesh of Facebook Groups, Photography and Creative writing, but I hope that over the weekend to simplify it and put it in a way that makes sense and has the making of something I'll be proud of :D


That's all for now, but stay tuned and there will be regular updates about how each section is coming along, as well as any photos and movies I manage to take along the way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment